<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/19422110?origin\x3dhttp://sodaundkatze.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Dentist Appointment

On Friday I had an dentist appointment. Ok nothing unusual. Nobody likes to go there.

BUT...I was never at a hitech dentist like that.


(All comparings based on experiences from Germany)

I was a bit early and had some forms to fill out, so I thought waiting time will be at least one hour, do it slow and kill some time. 15 min later I was done, I actually read the hole disclaimer of the doc and prepared my self for another 2 hour wait time.

As I was enjoying the waiting room with water feature and some soft classic tunes, the doc assistance asked me if I'm done or if I need a view more minutes, because the doc would be ready for me.
I thought I missed something, even when the waiting room in Germany is empty and with appointment you wait at least 2 hours.
So she caught me totally by surprise.


So I thought maybe they seat me in surgery to give me the feeling the waiting time is almost over (they do that in Germany and you sit there another half hour). But no there was an assistance doctor who started over.

She started with explaining what options I have and what I like on my smile and what not (at that moment I realized that the doc would try to do what I want and not does what is covered by the insurance). Sure thing though, I have to pay for it.

So she took a small camera which was hooked up to a DELL PC and started taking pictures of my teeth. I was able to watch a live feed of the camera in my mouth on a 15" TFT right in front of me. That was the moment I realized that I have become my own Discovery Channel Special with the title "Daniels Mouth".

I thought it was pretty cool, because you actually see what happens in your mouth.

It looked to me, they have the whole dentist file digital and not on paper. because she assinged the pics to the teeth on a database on the computer.

So that's the first dentist I like to go to, because he is so hitech.

Labels: ,

“Dentist Appointment”