Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts published yesterday the new Battlefield 2142 and the first patch came out on the same day ??? Today the news is spread that EA embedded in the game spyware/adware, which records the IP address and online behavior and will show ad's in the game. So now you pay $50 for the game and EA raises there profit with ad's inside of the game. With other words:
Congratulations you just bought a digital billboard.
So my question is what else do gamers have to take till a company ... No wrong word ... A Giant like EA realize that they F*ck with there costumers with sh*t like that.
Also they didn't fix game bugs which are continues present since Battlefield 1942 which was the first title of the Battlefield franchise. I just tried the demo of BF2142 and it was buggie as hell. I can't understand how people buy a game when the demo is buggie.
What pisses me of most is, in the end of 2004 they published Battlefield 2 and just 1 1/2 years later they publish a new version. Ok I understand that they have to make profit etc., but I think they f*ck with the costumers. BF2142 is BF2 with a different scenario in a different time and a new game mode on the old engine. So its just a mod for BF2 and I should pay 50 bucks for a mod? I don't think so.
Rumors say that EA wants to jump in future also on the buy you add-ons train. So you don't just buy a game for 50 bucks no, you can buy stuff for it too (items, cars, etc.). What the hell did I buy there a car or a computer game? Do you want the grip warmer for your MP5 and the nappa leather handle too?
I won't buy EA merchandise anymore, even when the sports part makes good stuff. Maybe I'am just to sick and tired to bend over.
