Trixbox HDLC, PRI, TE110P and other curiosities
It all started very nicely after Chris came back from our company IT meeting in Germany.I only remember hearing his famous words:
I want that!Since than the downfall started. I passed almost all states from astonishment to sadness and madness over frustration to just plain hate and back to delight. I never had to work on a system which triggered so many feelings in so less time.
When the system works, it is great. No worries or pain, it just plan works. Trixbox & Sipgate is the possibility for me to have German phone number in the USA.
At work on the other hand, i'am in hell.
We switch our phone system in SB from a Nortel Meridian to a Trixbox with a Digium TE110P T1 card. That is when the pain started. I setup the Trixbox 1.2.3 updated it, got a test T1 PRI line and test. It worked great after i figured out that you have to update the Zaptel drivers. So i gave 10 test users a phone and let them test.
It was a blast, everything worked great. So we decided to go live, mostly AT&T made us wait for almost 3 Month to get it done.
Then finally the D-Day came. A Friday and not the 13th. The cut over worked incredibly great, no problems, phone down for 30 minutes. After that everything was perfect.
So i went straight to the state of astonishment.
I just thought what a hell of a system.
Fast forward ... 1 week later ... call droppings started. The phone calls lasted from between 30 sec to 3 minutes.
So ok no big deal. Lets consult the spring of all wisdom: www.google.com
Since we have a Digium TE110P in our system and the error was the usual HDLC Error Abort 8 & 6, I started to do all sorts of ways to get it fixed. Disable on board network cards, hard assign IRQs, check for interrupt shearing and DMA problems. I updated Zaptel drivers searched for firmware updates and so on...
In an act of resignation i posted in the forum from Digium on a post from someone who had exact the similar problems. To my surprise answered someone else, that he had the same problem with that card and Digium would exchange it to the next model (TE120p).
So i called Digium and after explaining my frustration he wanted some configs. He send me a RMA and they exchange the card.
Lets see how that will work out.
to be continued ...
